Danielle Collier, Business Development
Listing Management remains a key foundational element for any successful SEO program. Previously, where individuals referenced the yellow pages, consumers now turn to the closest smart phone, tablet or computer to find business location information - and much more. We are in a time where creating a strong local search presence and maintaining visibility is more important than ever for local business.
Consumers now utilize multiple online channels to locate business information; search engines, social networks and various online directories are now the new phonebooks of our era. These sources receive their data from one or more of four principal data aggregators: Infogroup, NeustarLocaleze, Factual and Acxiom. If online consumers can't find correct business location information while they search, it will leave the customer frustrated and likely choosing a competitor instead. Consider the following:
- BETTER SEARCH PLACEMENT - Ninety percent of consumers now use search engines to shop locally; these queries are happening from the desktop, smartphones, tablets, from online maps and any many more. Having NAP consistency (name, address and phone number) is essential for increasing search rankings and getting your information in customer's hands. If you can't be found, you're losing business.
- MORE INFO FOR CUSTOMERS - Claiming your listing on a few search engines is not enough anymore. As the shift from desktop to mobile searches progresses, local searches are becoming even more fragmented. Enhanced information such as hours of operation and payment methods accepted are now required in local, organic search. Consumers are even searching for businesses by the brands they carry and goods or services that they provide.
- ELIMINATE INCORRECT / OUTDATED INFO- Submitting your local business information can prevent infringement problems. By verifying that the information being published is the most accurate, out of date and inaccurate information is slowly removed from search platforms. While the organic search space is complicated, removing duplicate and incorrect listings makes it harder for competitors to infringe on your brand name or business information.
- PROTECT YOUR IDENTITY - By actively managing and updating your business information, you can ensure the accuracy and consistency of your business information across the web. Technology is evolving every day and in order to stay on top of the constant change, you must keep your business information up to date.
- PROMOTE YOUR BRAND - You can easily increase your brand presence and visibility on the Internet. Data aggregators submit information to many different search engines and vertical specific sites across the web. When your data is consistent through all platforms, your business information becomes more trusted, not only by consumers, but by the search platforms themselves. This assurance of the search engines to publish your data can result in an increase in local brand visibility.
No matter how large or small a business is- its digital and physical footprints are intrinsically linked in the age of Internet searches. Numbers simply do not lie: Microsoft claims that 53% of Bing searches are local in nature and Search Engine Watch found that 50% of mobile searches are to find a local business and then to make a purchase within 24 hours.
Convergent Mobile enables businesses to easily manage their online presence. By continually verifying and revising local data, we help to guarantee precise distribution across various platforms. Accurate distribution of data will not only yield more consistent results, but also greater visibility, driving consumers to your stores!